Ensure your valuable peace of mind as you head out on the road for the winter. Don’t leave anything to chance – purchase RV and motorhome insurance!
The warm weather of the south is calling and you’re excited to start planning your road-trip! But, as you check things off the list before hitting the road in your motorhome, travel trailer, fifth wheel or tent trailer make sure you’ve covered ALL your bases. You’ve invested a significant amount in your home-away-from-home and it requires the appropriate coverage to ensure it’s protected throughout your travels.
RV or Motorhome Insurance
Purchasing insurance for your RV or motorhome isn’t much different than that for a car, truck, or van. it becomes distinct when you take into consideration “standard equipment” and “contents”, elements not typically covered by your typical vehicle insurance policy.
“Standard equipment” includes the components attached to the motorhome, such as the appliances. The “contents” covered included items such as dishes, cooking utensils, linens, etc.
Questions? Contact us for a complete list of items considered “standard” and “contents”.
Insurance for Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels
Travel trailers and fifth wheels can actually be insured through the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC). For example, when you purchase a “Vehicle Travel Protection” package from ICBC for your auto, the camper or trailer that you are towing will be protected.
There can be limits to the protection included under this type of policy. Ask us!
Whether your unit is brand new or of a more vintage variety model we are happy to customize a package for you. Guaranteed replacement cost is available for units 10 years or newer. An insured total loss in the first 10 years could be settled with a new current model year unit.
It’s not unusual for your home insurance to cover some of the contents of your trailer or fifth wheel—up to certain limits. Additional coverage may be required if those limits aren’t sufficient to cover the true value of the contents of your trailer including awnings and outbuildings.
Questions? Need a quote? Contact us!
Additional Coverage for Motorhomes and Travel Trailers
Consider other coverage options to ensure your valuable assets are fully covered:
- Comprehensive Coverage: For protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including collision, fire, smoke, flood, landslide, hail, windstorm, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning.
- Unit in Storage: Trailers, fifth wheels, tent trailers and campers require special insurance while in storage. If they are used as living accommodation, they require still another type of coverage.
- Attached Accessories: Includes awnings, satellite dishes and TV antennas.
- Emergency Expenses: Pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability: Provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your motorhome as a residence.
- Replacement Cost Policy: This type of policy provides broad coverage, with the standard insurance exclusions, and a replacement cost settlement that is based on the current depreciated value of the motorhome or travel trailers.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost Policy: This policy also provides broad coverage with the standard exclusions, but the replacement costs are calculated based on the value of providing a new, but comparable, motorhome or travel trailer.
- Full Timers Coverage: Provides comprehensive personal liability, stored personal contents, and additional living expense coverage if you are living full-time in your motorhome or travel trailer.
Take advantage of our emergency vacation coverage, as most losses occur while away from home. Talk to us!