HG Insurance Agencies
HG Insurance Agencies’ clients have entrusted us with their personal information. The Agency has a long history of providing good service to its clients, treating all clients with respect and dignity, and protecting their privacy. If we provide you with products and services, we will do all we can to protect your personal information.
Commitment to its Clients
- Protect the confidentiality of your personal information
- Keep you informed about our privacy policies and practices
- Let you see your personal information
HG Insurance Agencies will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, unless required or authorized by law.
HG Insurance Agencies has Privacy Policies that explain more fully how and why the Agency collects, uses, and discloses your personal information. This information is available to you. Please contact the Agency’s Privacy Officer.
Statement of Purpose
HG Insurance Agencies will collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
To provide and administer the insurance products and services that you request, including:
- Providing information to third party suppliers of products and services
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal information
- Confirming your application and information, and assessing your eligibility and suitability for insurance products and services
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums, including collection of debts owed to HG Insurance Agencies
- Protecting you, the Agency, or other persons from fraud and error, such as identity theft
- Identifying you and making sure your records are kept separate from others; verifying information collected from you with the credit reporting agencies and others; and verifying information provided by third parties
- Complying with the law and regulatory requirements
- Understanding your needs and determining the suitability of products and services for you offered by our affiliated companies
- Assisting you and ensuring the proper handling and administration of your insurance claims
- Managing or transferring assets or liabilities of the Agency, such as in the case of acquisitions and mergers
HG Insurance Agencies may disclose your information to:
- Associations in connection with providing and administering insurance services that you request
- Lawyers, notaries public, managing general agencies and/or any other enterprise as may be reasonably required for the purposes already stated
- Bailiffs, collection agencies, lawyers and others when collecting a debt owed to HG Insurance Agencies , enforcing an agreement between you and HG Insurance Agencies , and insuring or otherwise protecting the Agency’s interests.
- Authorities as required or authorized by law
If you have a joint policy/account with HG Insurance Agencies, your personal information including information in connection with products and services provided to you individually under the same number as the joint policy/account, may be disclosed to all joint tenants of the joint policy/account
Frequently Asked Questions
How does HG Insurance Agencies collect information about me?
HG Insurance Agencies collects personal information from you directly when you apply for insurance. Some personal information is required by law to ascertain identity. With your consent, HG Insurance Agencies may also collect information from credit reporting agencies, references provided by you. Your consent can be expressed or implied.
Can I decline to have my personal information collected, used, or disclosed for certain purposes?
Yes, you can decline to have your personal information collected, used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you can opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes such as:
- Receiving information from HG Insurance Agencies about products and services or special promotions
- Sharing information with organizations for the purpose of providing you with information about products or services
To choose these options, please contact our Privacy Officer and ask for an opt-out request form
You can also decline to have your personal information collected, used, or disclosed for other purposes. This may mean that HG Insurance Agencies will not be able to provide you with products and services requested.
What will happen if I opt out of marketing purposes?
If you opt out of receiving marketing information from HG Insurance Agencies, you may no longer receive information about new products or special promotions including activities and events. HG Insurance Agencies will continue to send you account information, policies, and information required by law. Your request to opt out of receiving marketing information will not affect your eligibility for any products or services.
How does HG Insurance Agencies protect my personal information?
HG Insurance Agencies’ staff members are required to treat all personal and financial information confidentially. HG Insurance Agencies has many policies, practices, and physical and electronic systems in place to safeguard personal information under HG Insurance Agencies’ control; and to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal of your personal information.
What can I do to protect my personal information?
It is your personal responsibility to protect information misuse. You should safeguard your insurance documents that carry account numbers, drivers license numbers, plate numbers at all times. You should not send confidential information to HG Insurance Agencies or anyone else by using internet email that is not encrypted. You should review your account information carefully and let us know immediately if your address changes or you find any errors in your information.
Can I view or verify my personal information?
HG Insurance Agencies has always provided policies or copies of policies or other documents upon request, if we still have them. HG Insurance Agencies may charge a fee for providing copies of documents.
For more extensive information, you can complete an access to information request. You will be provided with an estimate for the fee for obtaining the information. For information and assistance, please contact HG Insurance Agencies’ Privacy Officer. We’ll respond within 30 days or if we need an extension of time, we’ll notify you of the new deadline and the reason for the extension.
If you ask, we will assist you to contact other organizations to whom we have disclosed your information.
By law, HG Insurance Agencies must not provide or may withhold some types of information. For example, HG Insurance Agencies will not provide; information that reveals the identity of another individual or that individual’s personal information, without that individual’s consent; information that cannot be disclosed for legal or security reasons; information that is confidential commercial information.
If there are any errors in your information, we will correct the information, wherever possible.
If you wish to verify your credit history, please contact the credit bureau directly. We will help you to contact the credit bureau.
How long does HG Insurance Agencies keep my information?
HG Insurance Agencies keeps your personal information as long as it is needed to provide you with products and services you have applied for, and to meet legal and business requirements, after which the information is destroyed or erased, or we remove your name from the information.
HG Insurance Agencies may use personal information collected in the past when you apply for new products and services, in which case, HG Insurance Agencies confirms or updates your information for marketing purposes such as sending you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact HG Insurance Agencies’ Privacy Officer.
For the Castlegar and Slocan Park branches contact: Naomi Popoff, Manager
HG Insurance Agencies , #100 – 630 – 17th Street, Castlegar BC V1N 4G7 Phone:250-365-3368 Ext 1342
Our Privacy Officer will answer your questions about privacy and provide you, if you ask, with information about HG Insurance Agencies’ Privacy Policies and Practices and how we respond to complaints. The Privacy Officer can also help you complete and access information requests, help you access or correct your personal information, and try to resolve any concerns or complaints about privacy to the satisfaction of you and HG Insurance Agencies.